
Thankfully, this incident happened about two weeks ago, and as of the start of July, I've felt great, but more on that later. In the last week of June, I was still feeling on-and-off awful. On my toughest day, I was working at Patagonia from 10-6, and from the time I left for work till the time I went to bed that night, I felt simultaneously nauseous and starving. It was like I was starving in my belly and nauseous in my head. It was the most bizarre and maddening feeling, because I'd eat and sit and breathe and drink more damn ginger tea (which I never want again) and nothing would help. I left work a few hours early in an act of submission, because who wants to buy fleece from someone with their head on the register counter.
At home, I was watching TV and saw a cake mix commercial, and I had an epiphany. What I needed was a peace offering--I needed to make cupcakes for the cupcake (that's still what we're calling the little one). So Anil, who at that point would have scaled a mountain to make me feel better, went out and got cake mix and frosting, and we made cupcakes. Lemon with vanilla frosting, and they were gooooood. I ate three or four, and to be honest, still felt nauseous, but it was satisfying and at least felt constructive. Better than ginger tea.
This post makes me happy!
ReplyDelete