Thursday, June 24, 2010
committment
Here's another thing I swore I wouldn't do when I had a baby... I've been in my gym clothes since I left the house this morning, just so I wouldn't have to factor in a change of clothes later. I am that woman in yoga pants and tank top with the Baby Bjorn in Target. Or I was, a few hours ago. Now I'm that woman in the same yoga pants and tank top at home, not at the gym yet. But I'm about to leave for it, and I'm 95% certain that I wouldn't actually be going if I hadn't been in these damn clothes all day. After getting home from morning moving errands with Anil, and after Maya took only a 30 minute afternoon nap, I thought about skipping the gym since I have more moving errands to run and I'm now afraid Maya will be grumpy and overtired. So far she has a perfect disposition record at the gym's nursery and I don't want to jinx that right before we leave. But nope, I refuse to have worn these pants all day without actually doing something that requires lycra legwear. Because that would be worse--then I'd just be that woman who wore work out clothes all day because she couldn't bear to put on real clothes. I've been that person plenty of times, don't get me wrong. Just not today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment