Maya is a few weeks past three months old now, with excellent head and neck control if I do say so myself, so we've started facing her out in the Baby Bjorn. I've literally been looking forward to this since I got pregnant. It feels like a milestone because it means she's more able to interact with the outside world, and maybe I feel a little less overwhelmingly responsible for her because she's not just a little baby pod attached to me--she can support her own adorable head, even with the weight of all that hair. Also, the world is so exciting and it's equally exciting to have Maya facing out towards it.
The other day we met friends for ice cream then did errands around Coolidge Corner, the busy part of our neighborhood, so Maya saw lots of people, traffic, and the T. It's just funny to walk around all of these things in the city with Maya riding on me, awake and aware, and think about how she's seeing it all for the first time. She's been out and about with us since she was 3-4 weeks old, but until now we've strived to have her asleep while we're out because the Bjorn was like baby valium.
This is us last week on Maya's first face out. She started out pretty psyched. We went on a walk with Anil and Bailey.
Then this is how she ended the walk. Old habits die hard :).
Then this was us that weekend, going for a walk on the Esplanade, my number one favorite spot in Boston in the spring/summer. Note the crazy Boston spring weather--one day it's in the 50s and the next it's in the 70s. Maya's favorite position in the Bjorn is tongue out, as you can see here. I wonder if they make a drool guard for this thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment