Saturday, February 19, 2011
soundtrack to home
I heard this piece on NPR about a Nashville band (duet) called The Civil Wars, and I'm now obsessed with their album. I was meeting friends for dinner and heard this as I parked, so as I waited, I sat at the bar and downloaded the album to my phone so I wouldn't forget. When I was pregnant, I always had this vision of me hanging around the house with my baby, always playing music. I asked my in-laws for a Bose iPod docking station the Christmas before Maya was born, with this very scenario in mind. And I do use it all the time, but I should play music more. Unfortunately I'm a terrible singer, but I want music to surround Maya as she grows up. And not just me blundering through the itsy bitsy spider as I coax her into a complacent diaper change. So this band will be added to my "Maya" playlist, on heavy rotation, this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I remember that song from grey's! will you burn me a copy?
ReplyDelete