Eight weeks out, I think I officially have to give up the "I still have water weight" to lose excuses. I have like twenty pounds to lose--I'll just put it right out there. I don't think I look like it. All the weight that was concentrated in my belly has distributed itself nicely and proportionately so that if I'm standing up straight and wearing the right clothes, you can't tell that I have a giant spare tire around my midsection. I'm not worried about it. I just had a baby, so duh, I'm going to have pounds to shed. What's funny though, to me not him, is that Anil gained pregnancy weight too. We could both stand to lose about twenty pounds, if we're being honest. And the kicker was a few weeks ago when we were at our friend Andrew's house to see his new puppy. A friend of his brought over her giant grate dane, and it came up in conversation that this great dane actually weighs in at my pre-pregnancy weight, about 135 pounds (when I say I have twenty to lose I'm hoping to also shed those extra five I was carrying around from grad school last year). So the girl goes, "That's nothing, his dad weighed closer to 175 pounds!" And Anil goes, "That was my pre-pregnancy weight!" Awesome.
I snagged this photo from my friend Andrew's Facebook page--the little one is his dog Koda. The big one is me before I got pregnant.

No comments:
Post a Comment