Friday, January 15, 2010

"I'm a planet!"

That's one of my favorite quotes from Juno. And it's pretty much how I'm feeling this week. My belly is huge and just getting bigger, as is my appetite, which is frustrating as I try to not put on ten more pounds in my last month of pregnancy. Just this week I'm experiencing my first noticeable onset of "pregnant puffy face," which I really don't like. I know that it's normal, and I get that I'm lucky to have avoided it up until now, but I'm still not a fan. I got my hair cut on Wednesday and it was so not fun to look at my puffy face in the mirror the whole time! It was funny to tie the gown up over my belly though. And for the record, I've been told that I'm still not waddling.

I'm definitely puffing out though, all over and seemingly all of a sudden this week, though I'm sure it's been building for a while now. I haven't been able to wear my wedding rings in months, and now I can't wear any of my watches. My wrists don't look puffy to the eye, but apparently they are. My ankles are not cankles, let me be clear about that, but they're swollen by the end of the day and you can see ringed indentions when I take my socks off.

All of that is to just say that I'm at the point where I feel like I could have the baby and still not look like one of those marshmallow pregnant women... but I fear those days are growing short! I'm not due for another two weeks, but it'd be perfectly fine for her to come now. I just want to put that out there, Internet. My OB is on call this weekend, so in my appointment on Wednesday we tried to make that clear to my belly.

One reason we're ready is that the apartment is all set up, so here is a photo of me, the burgeoning planet, in our "baby den." Sorry if my belly is obscuring part of the view. Our apartment is loft-style, basically a big open space separated by stairs, so we cleared out half of it and set up the changing table then used bookshelves and cloth boxes from Target for a make-shift dresser.

No comments:

Post a Comment