The idea is that this sweater will be a main player in my pregnancy, and not just because I only have about a week's worth of clothes that fit me. I got it with my mom in Florida, from Anthropologie, when Anil and I visited and did our beach vacation in mid-August. I splurged on it as a "signature pregnancy piece," a treat for myself, instead of going with the more traditional grey open-front sweater from JCrew that I'd planned on getting. It kind of reminds me of Kurt Cobain or someone's couch from college, but either because of or despite all that, I love it. And it's super comfy. After I bought it and came home, I read an interview in which Michael Kors said that the rule for buying a new item of clothing is that it should have both something familiar and something interesting about it. Familiar so that you know you'll wear it and it won't be too out there, but interesting so that it feels fresh and you want to wear it. So thank you, Michael Kors, for validating my purchase.
We had a few colder (like low 60s) days last week so I got to debut the yellow sweater in Harvard Square with Anil. My favorite shoe store is there (The Tannery!), and they usually have a buy one shoe get another 1/2 off deal. Anil needed dress shoes for an upcoming interview, and we concurred that some slip-on Merrells would be a smart investment for me, especially since already I can't bend over from the waist and breath at the same time.
Cute!! Love it :)
ReplyDelete