Thursday, August 20, 2009

taking bets

I'm almost four months along, and Anil and I find out on Monday whether we're having a boy or a girl. So I'm taking bets--what do you think we're getting? It's a win-win situation as far as we're concerned. In the past couple of days, my bump moved noticeably up--at least to me. About four days ago I realized that I could feel it when I bent over, and it felt more crowded up there after I ate dinner. (The other reason for these feeling might be all the over-indulgent eating I did on vacation, but I swear it looks higher!) The old wives tale is that the positioning means it's a boy, but I imagine there are plenty of people who could say otherwise from experience. My family is very prone to having girls--when we have Thanksgiving at my aunt's house in Richmond it looks like Oprah's studio audience on all-ages day. So who knows! My only fear is that since we have the ultrasound on the earlier side of the "window," they'll say it's a girl because they can't see everything yet, so we'll end up with a lot of pink for what will turn out to be a boy. I mean, if he wants pink when he's old enough to voice that opinion, fine by me, but it's a funny way to start :). Just kidding--I'm sure they'll look closely. We're going back to Beth Israel for the ultrasound so they can double check the hydrosalpinx, so I imagine I'll get another fairly new resident who will take a good hour to do the ultrasound, and we can sit back and watch the whole time. Maybe I should bring popcorn. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm putting my money on a girl :) I don't know why... maybe because I love your girl names! (byw, I carried both my girls much much higher than my boy). I'm so jealous that you are finding out on monday!! Looks like you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete